Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Sheridan VA Medical Center Fucks Up Again!

The Sheridan VA Medical Center of the  Veterans Health Administration (VHA) - U.S. Department of... messed with me today, and I'm not going to take this sitting down. I had 2 appointments today, one after the other. The 1st appointment I scheduled, and it was in their computer system. The 2nd one was scheduled by their appointment czar, (A month ago.) who I'm guessing has a computer too, and would have seen a conflict if one was there, but she didn't. My 1st appointment was over, and I went to book my next appointment, but there was a line of a few vets also doing that. (Usually there isn't.) The guy at the window was taking forever, as I looked at my watch and saw it was time for my 2nd appointment. After 10+ minutes I finally got my turn and did it as fast as possible, like 2 minutes, and asked the lady at the desk to call over to primary-care to tell them I was on my way. I rushed over there, breaking the speed limit on campus to get there, and doing it on a forearm crutch and 2 really screwed-up, & bad knees, one that has needed surgery for over 5 years now (No ACL, torn meniscus and much more---it's bone on bone now.), but the VA says I'm too fat, so suffer sucker!. I get there at the front desk to check in, and there is another line of over 1/2 dozen folks, so I had to wait another 15-20 minutes there (They only had one person on duty when they usually have 2.) and I finally checked in. She said the previous appointment people called and let her and triage know I was on my way. She said have a seat, and they'll call you back soon, to see the doc. I sat there another 7-8 minutes, and one of the nurses came out and said the doc is already seeing the 2 o'clock appointment, and that he can't see you today, so come back Friday. I was pissed, and still am. What kind of fucking circus are you running there?
 
It was the VA's archaic system that caused the delays, yet the VA decided I was their scapegoat and the one to fuck over today! It's bullshit, and I will be informing the IG of this and a plethora of other evil acts by the VA. I always have their back, but it seems they don't have mine.
 
I'm a Ukrainian Bear---Gentle when stroked, Fierce when provoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment